Thursday, August 13, 2015

Blue Angels 2015

On Friday July 31st the boys and I went to Mercer Island to watch the Blue Angels which are part of Seafair. We brought along two friends of A's. The park I chose was Aubrey Davis park.
It is a large park. I was very thankful to find a spot under a tree since it was above 90 degrees.

We arrived at about 11:15 am and stayed until  approximately 2:15 pm when the show was over.
The I-90 bridge closes during the practices and performances (from 11:50 am until 2:40 pm Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) so you are committed to staying once you get there. While waiting for the show, the boys threw the football for a bit. I read.

We brought lunches, drinks, and snacks. An ice cream truck was a welcome visitor. Traffic was not as bad as I had expected. Our only slow down was exiting I-90 on Mercer Island.

Note: I used my zoom lens to get these photos!

In the next photo you can see the I-90 bridge in the distance.
I think we'll be back to this park next year to watch them again.Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails