Since January doesn't have a holiday (other than Martin Luther King Jr. day), it is a challenge to come up with ideas for a January mantle. We don't really get wintry weather here so that idea is out.
Thankfully, I found inspiration from my team, the Seattle Seahawks. I'm glad that I like their colours, What if we lived in Wisconsin? I'd have to embrace mustard yellow. Ugg. This mantle has been the works for a while. A bit of a challenge, but I'm up for it.
I am still working on painting a sign but I probably won't finish it before the big game on Sunday.
So, without further ado, here it is:
Details. Click on photo to see it better:
Tissue Paper Pom Poms. I made them. They are so simple! I wish I'd discovered them sooner. I found great instructions here.
Pennant. It cost me all of four dollars at a sports store at the mall. I got the last one they had in stock!
Paper Hawks (Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson). Printables from the Seattle Times.
Paper Seahawks bus - printable from Bellingham Herald.
Little Marshawn Lynch. I found it here. Tough to put together!
Seahawks printable. Found by googling.
Go Hawks Banner. Ben Franklin craft store in Redmond had the sample and the instructions. I used their die cut machine to cut out the letters, triangles and stars.
Pin It
Friday, January 30, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very cute -- I thought of you the other day as I was looking for inspiration to make a bunting for February. I ended up just cutting out hearts and LOVE. Nothing to fancy.
Too fun!
Post a Comment