Thursday, February 14, 2013

Classroom Valentine Exchange 2013

Valentine's Day is a big deal for school age kids. They look forward to giving and receiving valentines to their classmates as well as making or decorating boxes. This year was pretty over the top for our family.

My boys both love Minecraft. If you don't know what it is, I won't bore you with the details. It is a very popular computer game. We made a "Steve" box which A loves!

I found minecraft valentines on Etsy made by Little Sketchy Cards. I bought only enough for the boys in his class.

For the girls in the class, my husband came up with an idea. LED lights behind red hearts, held in a styrofoam ball with a magnet on the back.

For my youngest son, we made a tank box, covered in camo duct tape.

The top part even moves. His classmates loved it. I had planned to make these bomb valentines for his classmates
but I quickly realized that this would take FOREVER since he has 23 classmates and the amount of candy required would be incredibly expensive. Those are Rolo candies. We made 3 of them for his best friends and then did these "You're a Star!" valentines (with a Starburst candy attached) for the rest of the class.


We were all up late last night finishing up valentines!
Pin It

1 comment:

Colette said...

Wow....you guys are amazing! You went all out! What creative Valentines!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails