As many of you know, my husband and I are Canadian, born and raised. We've lived here in the US only since 2000. Therefore, American Thanksgiving isn't something we grew up with. (In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated in October.) For many of the last few years (not all) we have travelled to Victoria to visit my parents during Thanksgiving break. The main reason is that the kids have time off from school and J has time off from work. We don't have a traditional thanksgiving meal with turkey and all the trimmings. This year one of my kids had a bit of a hard time reconciling this fact. We assured him that he would still be eating well and the main point of thanksgiving is being with your family and being thankful. Don't you Americans get exhausted by making a big meal in November and then another one only one month later? :)
I plan on blogging more about our trip (including photos) but Blogger says that I've reached my limit for photo storage. Boo! I've been blogging for seven years! I hope to find a way around giving money to Google in order to solve this problem. :)
Pin It
Monday, November 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry about not being able to post pictures. Let me know what you end up doing!
Post a Comment