
(a bit overexposed - I'm not used to this much sunshine!)
She came by float plane (Horizon Air) which is the best way to travel to and from the Seattle area and Victoria. It only takes an hour and there is very little customs hassle or waiting time. Since ferry prices have risen so much it isn't even that expensive.
On Thursday night A & C had a great time donning various identities and combinations from the dress up box and coming out to show Grandma, giggling all the way.
On Friday morning there was an assembly filled with music for grandparents of children in K through 2nd grade followed by special events in the classroom. C did a reader's theatre of The Little Red Hen and he played the Hen. Due to space constraints, I wasn't allowed to be in the classroom so I don't have video or photo of that. :( I took Mom out to lunch in Mukilteo and we had a fantastic view of the mountains, the water, and the nearby islands.
She was also here to witness A riding a bike sans training wheels for the first time.
This has been quite a hurdle for him but with Daddy's encouragement along with some warm sunny weather he mastered it and now wants to teach his little brother!
Today Mom and I went clothes shopping and she found a dress and a blouse. We have so much better selection here in America compared to Victoria. We had lunch and tea at Bothell Country Village and then saw her off on the shores of Lake Washington.

I'm so thankful for the fantastic weather we had for my Mom's visit. Come back again, Mom!
Pin It
No comments:
Post a Comment