Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Paper flowers & a blue wall

Hubby and I painted one wall of the living room a robin's egg blue. That was a few months ago. I've had a blank wall ever since. I don't want to put anything up until we finally have a mantle. (we have a fireplace and no mantle on this wall). I saw these paper flowers and decided they would be the perfect thing to liven up the empty wall.Isn't it interesting how the blue looks different in the 2 photos taken at the same time? Anyway, Destiny's blog has great instructions on making the paper bag flowers. I added a book page flower in the centre. Here's a close up. I used a paper punch to cut out the flower from a book. Then I folded it up to give it more of a 3-D effect. I glued a flat-backed pearl in the centre (found at Michael's). This is a VERY frugal craft. The only cost was the pearls since I already had a lot of brown lunch bags.

I'm linking up with Chic & Crafty at The Frugal Girls and A Crafty Soiree at Yesterday on Tuesday.Pin It

4 comments:

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

SO crafty and pretty on your wall! You did a great job.
Thanks for visiting my blog recently.
- Susan

CharityDF said...

So cute! Looks great with your wall color, too!

Cheryl said...

What beautiful flowers you've made!! You just might want to keep those up even when you've built your mantel lol

~Stephanie Wafer said...

How crafty is that! I'm thinking that could be a great 'Christmas' craft to do with the kiddos.... Using red, they might look just like poinsettias :) FUN!

http://stephaniewafer.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails