Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6 already???

My baby turned six in May. OK, I said it. He also graduated from Kindergarten earlier this month. Sigh. Life is moving way too fast! Thankfully, I still get some cuddles once in awhile. :)

So with many busy Saturdays we weren't able to have a birthday party until this past weekend. I made a Lego cake that took 3 times longer to frost than I expected and the first cake I made fell apart when I turned it over. I ended up arriving late to the party! I also didn't take as many photos as I wanted but it is so difficult to be the hostess AND photographer. C had a great time and so did his guests. That's the main thing, right? I was exhausted at the end of the day. I think I fell asleep at 7:30 pm that night!

On with the photos. First, the cake.Not my best but it does look like Lego. The bumps are marshmallows cut in half. The icing was homemade and yummy!

Here's the birthday boy on his throne. He's going through his serious-in-photos stage.
And here are the friends (and big brother).

The party was held at a childrens museum so the guests got to run around and play after we had cake and opened presents. (We also had a little game - guess how many Lego in a glass jar.) The Wedgits were popular.
My mom is now reading my blog for the first time since I started blogging (back in 2006, I think). Hi Mom!!!Pin It

3 comments:

Anna said...

The years fly by too fast, don't they?? My little man had such a good time! Thank you for including him :)

jennybell said...

Oh my gosh! I was so excited scrolling down my Google Reader to see your Lego cake! My son is turning 8 in July, and I had seen that cake style. Some said mini cupcakes work better than marshmallows, but marshmallows seem pretty easy to me. We're doing an at home party and I have a couple games, but also at that age, I think they just like to make up their own games/play.

Mamas said...

Cool cake! How'd you get the frosting so dark?

Related Posts with Thumbnails