Friday, October 15, 2010

Picking pumpkins and apples

So, I'm back. You missed me, right? :) I have a working hard drive now so I can share photos again.

The boys recently had a day off from school so, as we did last year, we went an orchard to pick apples. This year I didn't go to the same orchard. Instead we drove to Sedro Woolley. Yes, that is a crazy name for a town. I wonder where the name came from? Anyway, at the orchard we were given free range to try as many apples as we liked. I appreciated how friendly and welcoming the farm was. A big shout out to Jones Creek Farms! There were so many varieties of apples. Many that I hadn't heard of before. One thing that surprised me was the number of apples on the ground. What happens to these apples? I hope they're made into cider or something.
Here is one of my happy apple pickers and tasters.We ended up picking 14 pounds which sounds like a lot but wasn't overwhelming. Yes, we made a pie. I should say my hubby made a pie with the boys' help. How sweet, eh?

We also made our yearly pilgrimage to the pumpkin patch. This year I decided to take the boys to Craven Farm (in Snohomish) after school in the afternoon so we could avoid the crowds. It was a good strategy. We practically had the place to ourselves. The only drawback was the traffic going home since it was 4:30 pm by then.

I love family traditions!Pin It

1 comment:

kimberly at mimicharmante said...

Sounds like fun! As for picking chestnuts, I happen to run past a house that has a tree with hundreds of them underneath. I took my littles to collect them last weekend - they are so pretty and really say "autumn" to me~
Thanks for visiting!
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails