Friday, October 22, 2010

It's never too late for a party

My oldest son's birthday is in late August. Not the best time for planning birthday parties. Lots of people on vacation and who to invite? His class from the previous year? Plus, this year, his birthday was the day before the first day of school. Kinda busy, no? I have planned and executed 11, count 'em 11 birthday parties!! Can you say burnt out? :) So, I wimped out and didn't have a party for him. He was OK with that. For a while. But then hee started asking, when is my party going to be? OK, ok. Can it be small? Please?

We had a *very* small party for him last weekend. (If you're counting, that's almost two months after his birthday.) Three friends were invited. Two were able to come. I made cupcakes and decorated them to look like a mini golf course since A loves to play mini golf.

(I found printable cupcake flags here and the cupcake inspiration here.)

The main activity was playing hockey outside which warmed the hearts of his Canadian parents. It turns out that my youngest is a tough goalie!
Silly string was sprayed.
Some gifts were opened. Pizza was eaten.

Pictures were taken.
A good time was had by all and I didn't completely wear myself out in the process!Pin It

1 comment:

Colette said...

Luke and I enjoyed looking at the pictures! Looks like everyone had fun! Luke sure did!! Thanks again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails