Step 1 - find something funky at a garage sale, thrift store or flea market for less than five dollars.
Step 2 - paint it (or not), spray with sealer.
Step 3 - drill a few holes in the bottom to allow drainage and prevent root rot.
Step 4 - put potting soil inside
Step 5 - put your plants in.
See how easy that was?
Here is my first creative container. I used a wood basket I found at Goodwill and put some hens and chicks in it. It now sits on a rustic wood chair by my front door.
I'm linking up to Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality.
2 comments:
I love putting plants in unusual containers. I have an old fire house bucket that still has some of the red paint on it. Looks great with geraniums in it.
Great job on your creative container.
Thank you for visiting me -the quilt came from tjmaxx a few years ago and the pillow came from a small local shop-I cut off the tags so I don't know where you would find them-sorry.
Carolyn
Post a Comment