Thursday, February 12, 2009

Homeschooling helps, beginner Spanish and healthy food

I found a cute idea for encouraging kids to try different, healthy foods. The Tasty Tasty Club (via Flip Flops and Applesauce with the original idea from Through a Mother's Eye). I'm happy that tonight my boys ate a plate full of mango and also had quinoa chili for supper.

I love book lists. Here are 100 books every child should read (hear?) before kindergarten. I would add that these are just one person's opinion and many on this list are better suited to 5 or 6 year olds than under 5s.

One website that I would like to recommend for homeschoolers is Apples 4 the Teacher. I especially appreciate the book lists for the various holidays.

My friend Colette told me about about this website - Sheppard Software. Lots of free educational games.

I'm loving these books for teaching my boys about the many winter holidays. Rookie Read About Books. They also have a huge list of science picture books. Our library has many titles. Note: I have linked to a Canadian site but these books are available in the US, as well.

While reading the many blogs I follow, I saw this game recommended.
I bought it for our family and it is a big hit. Very fast and fun. My 5 year old can play it without any problem. My 3 1/2 year old can play it with help. Reading is not required.

I've started incorporating Spanish into our homeschooling. Just beginner for now. We are borrowing this book and CD

from the library and my son has really taken to it. I found a couple good websites for beginner stuff.
- Learn for Good
- 123 Teach Me
If you know of any resources for teaching Spanish at home, I would love to hear about them. I know absolutely no Spanish since I grew up in Canada in a very white city. :)

Would you like to make your own flash cards? Memory cards? This is a really cool site that helps you do that.Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is list of from my library and it is listed as under 5! we've read most and all I can't narrow my list down!!! i love kids books! i did list our top 25 wordless books though!

thanks for the cool links i'll have to check them out!

Colette said...

Good stuff! By the way, I love that picture of your boys running in the field! So cute! Have a great Valentines Day. Do you and your hubby get to go out together??

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

I love this blog! I will be back.

Shari
http://sharilyle-soffe.com

Mamas said...

Have you read "Honey for a Child's Heart"? It has many book recommendations, it's so good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails