Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas reading and Christmas music

I gathered up all our Christmas books and put them under the Christmas tree. (We don't have any present there yet!)

As an aside, we also have 2 nativity sets under the tree - both unbreakable - one vintage cardboard and one is Little People. I ordered this one from Oriental Trading to add to our collection.

My 3 year old's favourite Christmas book is

This book is gorgeous!

I love Golden Books, espcially vintage ones. This one is new but illustrated but one of my favourites - Eloise Wilkins.

I requested a whole bunch of Christmas-themed books from our library. Probably too many! :)

Saint Nicholas: The Real Story of the Christmas Legend


The Legend of St. Nicholas: A Story of Christmas Giving. I read about this book at Christian Children's Book Review blog where it was highly recommended.


God Gave Us Christmas - another recommendation from Christian Children's Book Review blog.


The Candymaker's Gift: A Legend of the Candy Cane


The Legend of the Poinsettia

The Stable Where Jesus Was Born


The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree


We are reading through Getting Ready for Christmas (almost every day, that is!)


We took this book out of the library last year. It is a bit unusual. I liked it but the book actually freaked A out! He didn't want it in his room at night. I'll let you read the description.


We have a bunch of board books about Christmas too.


I've made a list of books I want to request from the library next year!
- Lucy and Tom's Christmas by Shirley Hughes
- Advent Storybook by Antonie Schneider
- The Christmas Star by Marcus Pfister
- This is the Stable by Cynthia Cotten
- Little Porcupine's Christmas by Joseph Slate
- Home for Christmas (Toot and Puddle) by Holly Hobbie
- The Christmas Humbugs
- If You Take a Mouse to the Movies

Where do I come up with my book list? Well, I read a LOT of blogs and whenever I see a book recommended, I research it a bit and then (more than likely) put it on hold at my library!

Here are some albums I've been listening to this Christmas season.


By the way, I'm now an "Amazon Associate" so you can purchase books, music, etc. directly from my blog! I get a very small percentage in return.

Do you have a favourite childrens' Christmas book? What about Christmas music? I'd love to hear what you enjoy this time of year.Pin It

4 comments:

jennybell said...

My son got "Little Porcupine's Christmas as a gift last year and he loves it. It's a good story for showing children empathy and that God has a use for everyone, even if others don't see it.

This is a good post. We've read lots of Christmas stories, which I will try to post in a few days if you want to check it out for next year also.

Merry Christmas!

Ashley said...

Thanks for all the great book recommendations! And I love those Nativities under your tree. As a kid, my favorite Christmas book always was The Santa Clause Book by Alden Perkins. Have you heard of that one? It's a big book with a bunch of stories in it and tells you everything you've ever wanted to know about Santa Clause and the North Pole. It's still my favorite Christmas book, as an adult!

TulipGirl said...

I like your kid Nativity sets. We have the Playmobil one, and like it a lot -- though it has small pieces, so we kept it on a bookshelf when we had toddlers around and the preschoolers could stand on a stool and play with it up high. Now they are big enough not to choke on any pieces and we have it in easy reach.

Colette said...

We put our Christmas books and nativity under our tree too. So fun! Christmas presents would never last under the tree! =) Hope you have a great Christmas!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails