Friday, February 01, 2008

Three movies watched and enjoyed

My hubby and I watched Oceans Thirteen last night. I didn't have high expectations for this one since some critics panned it. We thought it was hilarious and a very fun watch. We loved many of the lines. Here is one funny scene:
Rusty Ryan: Are you alright?

Danny Ocean: (tearing up) Yeah, um, I just bit into a pepper.

Rusty Ryan: Is that... are you... are you watching Oprah?

I, of course, enjoyed the view. :)
I watched Waitress earlier this week. It is both funny and sad. This review is a good summation. I especially enjoyed Andy Griffin's role.

Paris Je T'Aime
was another favourite (watched a few weeks ago) of mine. It is 18 vignettes about life in Paris with the theme of love. Some stories leave you scratching your head saying "Why was that included?" but I enjoyed it overall. Each story is directed by a different person. Skip the vampire one with Elijah Wood. Weird and silly, imho. The best line was from a man who was planning to leave his wife and then finds out she is terminal. He stays with her and everything changes. He said "by acting like I was in love, I fell in love with my wife again." It reminded me of a line in C.S. Lewi's book Mere Christianity, "Do not waste time bothering whether you ‘love’ your neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone, you will presently come to love them."

The movie increased my longing to go back to Paris.Pin It

2 comments:

TulipGirl said...

Paris Je T'Aime was one of the few we've seen on the big screen in the past year. Very thought and conversation provoking. . .

Have you seen "Juno" yet? I enjoyed it so much. . .

We'd been wanting to see "Waitress" for awhile. I can't decide whether I liked it or not as a movie, though there were parts of it I definitely liked.

Scribbit said...

I thought that was one of the better sequels--usually they aren't so good but those ones are getting better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails