Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pink and Green Fabric Garland for Spring

This was NOT one of those quick and easy projects. Far from it! I actually started making this garland a year ago. I did stop for a long time, though. :)

I found the inspiration at Two Shades of Pink - flowers and leaf vine garland.

I made the flowers according to her directions (a year ago!), however, I found them too floppy. I decided to use Heat n Bond to make the fabric two layered and then cut out the petals. This made much sturdier flowers. I also made way more green leaves than in the original.  I don't like to see bare string/ribbon/jute in a banner. I love the fullness of this garland.

Close up view:

Materials needed - if you are crazy enough to make one of these!

  • pink fabric - maybe a yard?
  • green fabric - two different patterns
  • jute 
  • Heat n Bond 
  • felt for the backs of the flowers
  • floral wire
  • buttons 
  • glue gun.

Here is a view of the entire banner. Click to enlarge.
I think this project may have pushed me over the edge to getting a Silhouette die-cutting machine.
I spent WAY too much time tracing and cutting out fabric!Pin It

1 comment:

Mary E. said...

Beautiful! You are so talented and did such a good job. I wonder if my friend Sonia has one of those die-cutters...

Related Posts with Thumbnails