Sunday, October 21, 2012

Targets

On Saturday we took a quick road trip up to Fire Mountain Scout Reservation (aka Scouts Campground) near Mount Vernon. They had a Stampede which was a chance for cub scouts to try out various activities. Unfortunately we didn't see anyone else from our pack.

My cub scout had a lesson in firearms safety and then tried shooting a large BB gun for the first time.




Unfortunately, he's just a little too small for that big of a gun.

He had an archery lesson and tried that as well.

He got some arrows on the board which many other kids didn't achieve. The archery brought back a lot of memories for me since I spent many summers at Camp Chestermere as a camper (and a couple as a junior counsellor) where archery was one of the many activities.

I think BB gun shooting and archery will get easier when my little scout gets a bit older and stronger.

The weather was super chilly (I think in the 40s) and we didn't come prepared. When we left home my oldest son wanted to wear his soccer shorts! It was a good thing we insisted he wear pants. My other son forgot to bring a jacket. Here he is borrowing J's fleece.

Due to the cold we didn't stick around for the fishing which was also offered.Pin It

1 comment:

Mamas said...

This is fantastic, I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails