Monday, October 15, 2012

One Thousand Gifts #256 to #265

If you are new to my blog, you might be wondering what is One Thousand Gifts? Well, it is a book and a concept. The simplest way to explain it is counting one's blessings. I'm recording things that I'm thankful for and they aren't always big and usually they aren't things! You can read more about One Thousand Gifts at the blog of Ann Voskamp (A Holy Experience) or read her book One Thousand Gifts.

256. My oldest son wasn't seriously hurt nor was anything broken when he fell off his bike about 10 days ago.

257. Spending time with our friends S and B along with their kids J and K.

258. Going to Ruffles and Rust - twice! I was able to go on Saturday (as well as Friday) due to a cancelled soccer game at the last minute.

259. Listening to children belting out "I Am Bound for the Promised Land" at church yesterday.

260. A's face is healing up nicely from the fall off the bike.

261. Having friends who appreciate Ruffles and Rust (Mary and Denise) with all its vintage treasures.

262. Teacher in-service days.

263. An old friend has moved back into the area. Hi Shennay!

264. (Ducking from the thrown tomatoes) I'm thankful for the rain because I can plant bulbs now that the ground has softened up. :)

265. On the topic of weather, the amazing run of dry sunny weather we had from August until a few days ago.


Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails