A while back after a particularly bad day of too many sippy cups and too much poop cleanup I escaped to one of my favourite craft stores Ben Franklin for some sanity saving time. I decided to make my own French Memo board.

Here are the directions.
Materials - one wood framed canvas 16 by 20 (or smaller, if you like).
One "fat corner" of fabric - sorry I don't know the exact dimensions but you can find oodles of these at any good fabric store.
Ribbon - I can't remember how many yards. Buy yourself 2 rolls and I think you'll be good.
Brads - 12 in a coordinating colour.
You need a staple gun for this. If you're lucky or have tendonitis like me, your DH will do the stapling for you - well after you do some and then whine about the pain.
First staple the fabric to the canvas. Then staple down the ribbons in a criss cross pattern. Next make holes at the intersecting places for the brads. I used a nail to do that. Then insert the brads. Voila!
I even made a second one as a gift for my mom. Unfortunately, my 2 year old discovered how to take the brads out before I gave it to her. It has been recreated and is now safely at Grandma's house.Pin It
4 comments:
That fabric is really lovely. And leave it to the kids to find some way to take it apart, huh? :)
That's so pretty! I also loved the colouring page site you linked to below - thanks!
Your board came out great! I love the fabric you used!
I might have to go to Ben Franklin with you. I didn't know there was one in that area.
Post a Comment