School's out for summer! It is a good thing and a challenge. The challenge is keeping my kids active and avoiding hearing that dreaded "I'm bored!" I'm compiling a list of things we want to do, things to keep their brains occupied (to avoid the
summer slide in math), and places to visit that are fairly close by. Of course, we'll go on a family vacation and attend a vacation Bible school. There may also be swim lessons but what about the rest of the time? Well, a mom has to get creative, especially since day camps are expensive!
Activity #1 - Painting Rocks

My youngest did this yesterday since he was already out of school and looking for things to do.
Cost? Free! Well, if you don't count the paint, that is. Washing the rocks can also be part of the fun. I've included a painting tip in my photo. Use a cheap ice cube tray (think dollar store) for holding paint.
Pin It
1 comment:
Love that painting rocks idea. I'd love to see your list of things and ideas for the summer. I need to come up with a list too. =)
Post a Comment